Sunday, April 20, 2008

Grandpa Foust





I really love old pictures and some of my favorites are of Stu's grandpa Foust. He was such a handsome guy and still is. He is one of the kindest men I know and last year at the ranch we celebrated his 80th birthday party. I couldn't believe how many people showed up. I swear it was the whole town. He has done so much for so many people. I loved hearing all the stories his kids told about him. They had each of the grand kids say one thing they loved about him and that was really cute. It was fun watching him take the kids on rides on the four wheelers, and be so active in work and play. One of my favorite stories of Grandpa Foust is when he was asked when he turned 80 how old he felt, he said, " Besides my knees i feel 34." He was completely serious. He is such a kid at heart and we can't wait to go up to Montana to see him and Alba. We love our grandpa Foust!

9 comments:

lck. said...

oh my goodness that first picture looks exactly like stu! what a handsome guy. thanks for the post...i hope you guys can make it to spain also! miss you!

lck. said...

sorry, this automatically signed me into my friend lauren's account because I'm on her computer. This is Emily though...haha sorry.

Alissa Melody said...

haha i love that picture of your grampa and the gun!

Chase & Chelsea Corley said...

Don't even worry about the shower. Are you feeling better? I heard we might be neighbors soon! How did you guys like the apartments when you lived there? We are excited and it seems like a fun ward

Kristen said...

Hey alyssa - I think your mom is the BEST! I worked with her in YW and she always had me laughing. I saw her at a bridal shower the other day and told her she needed to start up a blog. You need to get her on that :) !! I would love to hear all of her funny thoughts ;)

Jenn said...

WHY HELLO ALYSSA!

I am trying to get some input and advice on girls that have already planned a wedding and you are one of them!
Would it be okay to send you an email full of questions??
My email is jennh24@gmail.com if you could email me with your address, I WOULD BE SO HAPPY!

Kylee said...

Hey lyss! I'm excited to keep in touch better too, and to see what fun things you guys are up to! I loved those pictures of you guys shooting. Do you do that a lot? Me and Brod go shooting sometimes and I love it! I wish we could have gone with you guys while we were there. Sorry we were so flaky! It was hard with Brody's sister and boyfriend there. Next time we'll come alone and be able to hang out more!

Matt and Kaaryn said...

We haven't had a post in a while. How are you guys doing?

Becca said...

Hey Hottie!...I googled your name to find your blog. Thanks for all your help with the transition...you rock! Our blog is: kirkpatrickfamilyfun.blogspot.com ... pop in when you get a free minute :) Love ya!