Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween, baby shower and a girls trip

I figured since I was behind a few posts I would just lump them into one. Anyone who knows Stu might know that he loves to dress up for Halloween. So for the past month he had this idea of us dressing up as Bleeker and Juno from the movie Juno. He went on a hunt for his costume and found some pretty good stuff. I pretty much just needed to find a plaid mini skirt and a orange and white striped shirt. It was an easy costume to pull off since i am 8 months pregnant. Stu even wanted the orange tick tacs and he wanted me to have the blue slushy. Here is what we came up with....

Last Tuesday was my baby shower. My awesome sister in law Alex and her super talented mom Charlie whom we like to call Charlie Mom, threw it for me. It was a lot of fun and the food was great. Thanks to everyone who helped out, Aunt Terri, Kristen and Mikki to name a few it turned out great!


super good cupcakes! Some had Butterfingers, others Oreo they were so good!

Last weekend My friend Melanie her sister Jenn, her friend Tamra and I decided we need to do a girls trip. I wanted to do something fun before the baby came and Stu is too busy with school and work for us to go anywhere together so I decided I would go with some girls instead. We decided to go to Saint George and hit up a store called Tai Pan. It is like a Poppy's mixed with Hobby Lobby but for wholesale prices. It is huge! the size of Costco. I love home decor stuff and lets just say it is worth the drive and I was in heaven. Anyways We drove to Vegas on a Thursday and that night we went and saw Mama Mia the play. Ive seen it before and loved the movie so I was excited to be able to see it again. Then the next morning we drove to Tai Pan and shopped for 4 hours. It was great. We left and drove home all night. It was a great trip and I had so much fun with those girls! Jen had 6 carts! I had two and mel had three. Good thing we brought the trailer!

Jen also brought feather boa's for us to wear to mama mia

19 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

fun! glad I didnt do the 200 hr drive,but it dose look fun! Sorry again I missed your shower :)

and you guys looked great for halloween! Stu would be been A TRILLION times better if he had shorter shorts...what is his reason for not wearing them? Make it good Stu..I know you could of found them shorter

Justin,Kaylynn,Craig said...

LOVE the Halloween costumes! That was a great idea! Tai Pan Tading is the coolest store. I always have to check it out when we visit Utah. Looks like you came home with a lot of suff!

I need your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog. Send me an email to J.BaaBaa@Hotmail.com! Thanks!

Kylee said...

I LOVE your Halloween costume, that it PERFECT! I hope you got to go somewhere with lots of people to show it off! I love Tai Pan as well, I didn't realize it was only a Utah thing.. I haven't been there for a while, but I take it from all the stuff you guys bought that they have some good stuff right now. Hope everything's going good!

Adam and Jess said...

What a fun post. Love the costumes, they were dead on. I can't believe how much stuff you got at Tai Pan trading. I've never heard of it, but will have to check it out next time I'm close. 6 CARTS for Jenn!!?

Brian and Brianna said...

So much fun! Love your costumes Stu did a good job putting them together! I'm jealous of your shopping trip I would have gone crazy!

David and Shalynna said...

You guys were perfect for Juno and Bleaker! I love it. I'm glad you had fun and I can't wait for when your blog is going to be a post of announcing your new baby boy! Also, I loved seeing your mom in one of the photos. She's so dang cute. Remember all of our Sunday night movies and cheesecake nights? I loved those days..

Kristin said...

So I know I've never met you guys' but Brent showed me your blog and I LOVE the halloween costumes that is sooo funny!!!

Lee said...

How jealous are you that there is a Tai Pan only 1 hour away from me? It is so huge and overwhelming that you really do need 4 hours to see it all. I'm glad you all had so much success. I too loved the juno costumes. That was a great route to go for you guys. Good luck with your last month of pregnancy!

Kelly said...

Hey! how are you? I love your halloween costumes, you guys look so cute. I am so sad we couldn't make it to your baby shower, but it looks like you got a lot of fun stuff.

☂niki. said...

you guys made an awesome juno couple!! i didn't know you were preggers!! congrats! the baby shower looked adorable. those cupcakes look heavenly! i'm dying over this store you went to! i must check it out next time i'm in vegas!

Nicole said...

It is so fun to see you and catch up with you! I just love your mom! I only remember laughing around her! Your costumes are great by the way!!!

Hillary from The Beauty Mark said...

Hey Alyssa! Congrats on the baby! Your shower looks like it was SO cute! I can't believe you only have 25 days left! Does it feel like it's gone by fast or taken forever? Your costumes were amazing by the way!

Matt and Kaaryn said...

Stewie's shorts must be shorter! We call that a crowd pleaser.

Nelson Family said...

I am so sorry I was not able to be at your shower, I would have loved to have been there! I hope you will enjoy the books...and I can't wait to see pictures of Rivers.

Porter and Karla said...

okay that is so darn clever and you pull it off perfectly! i love it ha ha!! you look great pregnant alyssa!

Alissa Melody said...

aw im so sad I missed out on your shower :( I miss mesa!!

Jules said...

i love love love the costumes! i almost did that with a friend haha. looks like you had an awesome shower! hope you are doing good :)

Molly said...

Alyssa Mae -

What a darling shower and you are absolutely adorable pregnant! I am so glad that you have a blog so that when little Rivers is born I will be able to see him.

Looks like you all are healthy and happy. Know that I'm thinking about you and good luck with the delivery!

Much love,
Molly (Turk) Watts

Brooke and Mike said...

I can't believe you are due in 12 DAYS! I am so excited. Be sure to blog everything. Can't wait : )