Sunday, July 12, 2009

July Happenings

We were able to go up to Stu's uncle Dave and aunt Nancy's cabin for the 4th of July. We had a great lunch and were able to do a few fun things there before it started to rain and even hail. They have some fun swings, a fish pond, a zip line and they brought some horses up. Riv got to go on his first horse ride. It was so cute and he LOVED it.


Riv and Stu watching the rain





my mom bought this cute birthday hat from the orange patch and it is adjustable to fit any size!!! Rivey loves it. Also there is a pocket inside with more candles to put on top.

We were able to go see Wicked. I love plays and I have to say this was one of my favorites for sure. If you haven't seen it, it is a must see.


hooray for wicked

me and hay before wicked

Here is Rivers with his best buddy Carson. Riv was giving him a baby massage on the shoulders.

I love it when my baby is all clean and in his monster towel!

9 comments:

Eric Hansen said...

Fun Fun July times! Lyssa... I can't get enough of Rivs. I wanna come visit you all this fall!! Eric's fav cousin lives in Tempe so I think it is going to be a good possibility! Wicked is definitely amazing. I can't wait to see it in NYC in August (when you'll be in Utah) :( Love you all tons!

Eric Hansen said...

P.S. This is Chelsea on Eric's name of course :) Ooops

Lee said...

Yay for wicked! I saw it three times in a year. Awesome. Was this everyone's first time? Tell your mom I think of her when I hear the song "for good"

Oh, and tell Haylee happy birthday!

Brody said...

Fun times! I can't believe Haylee is 16! Tell her happy birthday. Rivers is so cute and I can't wait to meet him!! Sadly though, you might be here in Utah when we move down there so we'll have to wait till you get back... I hope we can hang out lots though! Tell your whole family hi-- I miss them all and can't wait to see them too!

Brody said...

Sorry that was Kylee, also on Brody's name...

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

wow! 16...good, now she can be my babysitter when we go out of town :)

You guys looked cute...we had tickets to Wicked, but sold them. I know, everyone says Im crazy...but I still havent regretted it! ha!

Rivers...can I eat him? really, he is so cute. When can we babysit???? Im not kidding.

David and Shalynna said...

I love that you are calling him Riv for short. That's adorable.

We are going to New York in August and I want to see Wicked more than any other broadway show. It isn't David's number one choice, so I am not sure if we will end up seeing it! I guess we could always see the traveling one like you did in AZ since it sounds like it was juts as good?

You look great by the way- so skinny and when did your sister grow up so fast?

Salcido said...

hey alyssa, send me your email address so i can add you to my blog readers list- i'm password protecting it.

you're such a cute mommy!

Adam and Jess said...

We got to see WICKED when we first moved out here and I loved it. I can't believe how much RIVERS looks like you. I'm excited to see you girls in a few weeks!!